NORTHCREST SWIM CLUB RULES
The following is the set of operating rules for Northcrest Swim Club. These rules reflect the majority opinion of the Board of Directors, in conjunction with applicable Salt Lake City and County regulations. Our goal is to provide all members the best possible experience, while maintaining the neighborhood culture of the pool and operating the pool in a safe and fiscally responsible manner.
– Be respectful. Northcrest is a member-owned pool. We are each owners and users—it is a joint effort to make this a great place to enjoy our summers. Please be respectful of the guards and other members at the pool. The pool manager’s ruling on pool policy is final. If you have questions, please feel free to contact any member of the Board of Directors.
– All persons using the Northcrest Swim Club are required to be named members as defined by the Northcrest Swim Club by-Laws or guests as outlined in the rules below. All persons using the pool must sign in. Members must register on the website and provide all member and emergency contact info.
– Use the facilities at your own risk
– No running on decks, pushing people into the pool, or other rough play
– Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult
– Only Coast Guard approved life preservers are permitted
– Children in diapers must wear swim diapers while in the pool
– Inflatable toys must be approved by lifeguard or manager and may be restricted when pool is crowded. Inflatable toys may not be used as life preservers.
– Only one diver on the diving boards at a time
– Persons with skin infections or communicable diseases may not swim
– No food within 3 feet of the pool area. Please use the picnic tables provided
– No smoking. No alcohol.
– No glass containers anywhere on the pool deck or BBQ pit area
– No pets on the pool deck or BBQ pit area
– No music through speakers. Please use headphones/earbuds
– No one under 18 is permitted in the pool or on deck during adult only swim
– The lifeguard are tasked with enforcing all pool rules. The manager may suspend individuals from the pool for violation of these rules.
– The pool manager’s ruling on pool policy is final
– The awning area is for use by all pool members, so please be respectful of other guests as you use that area. These areas are not to be reserved in advance.
– Guests are welcome! The guest fee is $3.00 per person to be paid prior to or at the time of use.
– Guests must be accompanied at ALL TIMES by a named member.
– Guest passes will be kept with the member’s registration card and available at check-in if the member has guests. Guest cards expire at the end of the season granted and have no value.
– Guests versus Allowable Guests: Allowable guests may use the pool as guest but are not required to pay guest fees. Allowable guests are children and grandchildren and/or parents and grandparents of members. Allowable guests are also people living in the house of the member such as foreign exchange students, nannies, and long-term house guests. These guests must be listed by name on the member registration.
– All guests must observe all pool rules
– During swim hours organized groups larger than 15 are requested to contact the pool manager in advance so that sufficient lifeguards are on duty.
– Membership in Northcrest Swim Club is currently capped at 175 memberships
– Membership is available to persons living within a 20 mile radius of Northcrest Swim Club
– Full Membership comes with the purchase of a membership (currently $2000 buy-in) in addition to annual dues. Full Members have full voting rights and are permitted to use the pool during the regular season and during the shoulder seasons.
— A Membership is held in the name of the home owner(s) and family members living in the household. Allowable Guests are a separate category of users who can go to the pool as guests but do not have to pay a guest fee (see above).
– Full memberships can be transferred or sold with the sale of your home, to a buyer of your choice, or be listed for sale by the pool. Full Memberships are not available for transfer/sale until the entire membership buy-in is complete. All transfers and sales must be coordinated through the Treasurer.
– Full Members may rent their membership for the season upon notification of the board. All use rights for the season transfer to the renter and may not be concurrently used by the member or any allowable guests under that membership. Membership rentals must be coordinated through the Treasurer.
– The Board may offer for rent any memberships owned by the swim club or memberships that are currently in arrears, but, in no event may the number of full memberships and rentals exceed the maximum number of allowable memberships. Memberships rented by the Board will be listed as Limited Trial Memberships, which are available for a maximum of 2 consecutive years. Limited Trial Memberships are offered at a cost of the annual dues plus an additional administrative fee to be determined by the Board.
– Annual dues are established by the Board of Directors at the beginning of the season based on the fiscal report and on-going management/maintenance costs. All dues must be current in order to use the pool facilities. Any membership in arrears for 3 consecutive years will return to the board and the membership will terminate without return of the membership buy-in remainder.
– The pool is overseen by a volunteer Board of Directors, elected by the membership. There is always a need for members to get involved and volunteer their time to help make our pool work.
– Party fees are $200 with a $50 cleaning refund if the pool is cleaned following the party. The lifeguard on duty and the manager are solely responsible for this determination.
– Parties are limited to a maximum of 100 persons.
– Payment for parties is due at the time that the reservation is made.
– In the case of inclement weather, parties will be canceled and a refund given.
– Party nights are Tuesday, Thursday, Sunday 7-9:30pm.
– No live music is allowed.
– Alcohol may only be served IF member signs indemnification agreement and agrees to all rules related to having alcohol at parties. NO GLASS containers.
– No loud music is allowed
– The host member is responsible for the behavior of all party guests
– No member or guest shall remove any article belonging to the club from the clubhouse or the grounds. If property is removed, damaged or destroyed, either by a member or his guest the member will be responsible for all related costs of repair or replacement.
– Whenever, in the judgment of the Board of Directors, any member shall have violated any of these rules, the Board is authorized, subject to appeal, to suspend or limit any of the privileges of such member, or to impose such other disciplinary measures as they deem appropriate. Parents are responsible for the conduct of all members of their family and their guests.